Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Good or Bad Customer Service?

Still puzzled where I stand on customer service with Bell Mobility, but my last encounter with their Turbo stick left me so cyber-shell shocked that I couldn't do anything online. Here's the story, i'll let you decide. X-mas vacation 2009. Day 1 in Florida and my 2 month old Blackberry Curve 9a replacement for my previous one that broke down), breaks down. Problematic considering I brought along work. I frantically called Bell Mobility & tried to get them to send me via courier a replacement for my Blackberry, but my plea fell on deaf ears. I finally get over that figuring that at least I have my Bell Turbo stick that I can use to get online. I'm thinking what a wonderful little device this is and for only $15 / month. Things get even better when my Blackberry resurrects itself from the dead after a week, so now I'm happily hooked online 24/7. I feel more balanced than any one of those grandmaster yogis. As the trip winds down to the last weekend, I get a call at about 3 pm Friday afternoon while grocery shopping. 'This is Bell Mobility accounts receivable and we're calling to inform you that we're cutting off your service because you've run up some $5600 worth of data charges. I almost dropped dead right there. I hardly ever used the Turbo stick and when I did it was usually to send a few e-mails with maybe a Word attachment. No point in discussing it the Bell rep said, take it up with Bell Mobility customer service. I then called them up and demanded to speak to someone who had decision-making power. I came across a very pleasant & understanding rep who told me not to worry-- it seems like they've come across this situation before -- that they'd do a one time credit on that charge, but it would take a week to process and he was 99.99% sure it would go through. Well me being me, I'm worrying about the 0.01% for the rest of the weekend. I prolonged that worrying another 3 weeks which was the time it took for Bell Mobility to finally credit my account. I mean it's hard staying cool when you get a phone bill for 6 gees. In the end, it was resolved and I'm grateful for that. Still, I don't understand how the Americans can allow this type of predatory behavior. Furthermore, I'm sure that Bell Mobility is aware of this, but doesn't educate the customer about this minefield and this is wrong. I'd love to see an investigative piece on these predatory tactics...60 Minutes this is your cahnce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog