"Harry, line one, please. Harry, line one."
Harry dropped the curled copy of the Feldman script on his desk. He liked the sound of weight of the paper hitting his desk. Substance. That last line killed, nothing less than a gift from God. Life as it should be falling into place.
"It's okay," Harry said to Pena slurping away under the desk. "Don't stop, baby."
Baby. It was the first time he called a woman 'baby'. And what a surprise; she didn't object. A rush of power coursed through his veins. Baby. He pulled it off, she bought it without batting an eyelash, without missing a lick. Baby. And best of all, with Alvy's. Even better, with Alvy on the phone.
"Harry!" Alvy barked over the crackling line.
"Ahhh..." If my friends could see me now.
"Harry, are you there?"
"Yeah..." I'm king of the world. Harry covered the mouth-piece of the phone with his hand. "Oh baby, that's good..."
"Harry, are you listening to me? That putana, Pauline, forgot to drop off my wife's plane ticket at our house. Meanwhile Candy's supposed to fly out tomorrow to meet me here in New York. Can you do me a favor, Harry?"
"Ahh," Harry groaned. That Pauline had a wicked tongue.
"I take that as a yes. Can you get the ticket from Pena and bring it to Candy after work?'
"Baby," Harry groaned, careful to cover up the mouth-piece of the phone. He took his hand off the mouth-piece. "Yeah, no problem, Alvy."
"Great, Harry. I knew I could count on you. We're gonna have to talk when I get back. Hear you're doing a great job. Really taking charge."
You bet. Harry slapped his hand back over the mouth-piece. "Baby...I'm gonna..." he moaned.
"Come on, baby. Let it go," Pauline whispered while Harry climaxed.
"Yeah..."
"Get the ticket from Pauline. Anything thing else, Harry?"
"No, everything is just fine, Alvy. Just fine."
"Bye, Harry."
"Bye, Alvy."
"Feel better now, baby," Pauline said.
"Yeah, everything's fine. Now I gotta get back to work. Can you go get me the plane ticket for Alvy's wife?"
Harry zipped up his pants and went to wash up in the bathroom. Everything was just perfect in the world of baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment