Friday, July 30, 2010

This Week In Sports

Yes, I admit it's a bit pathetic, but can't get this week's sports events out of my mind. On Sunday our mish-mash softball team wins 16-15. With 2 outs in the last inning, I score the winning run, capping a 4-5 performance at the plate and another solid game at second base, a position I never played before. (Still reliving my DP from the previous game).

Then there's my week coaching my 6 year old son's soccer team. After losing a hear-breaker 3-2 on Monday to cheap-shot team. (Down 3 - 0, we score 2 goals late in the game, and after the second goal their wimpy coach, blows his whistle and calls the game. ( Usually the 2 coaches agree to a last minute in play, giving everyone a last chance. Understand these are 6 and 7 year olds).

But on Wednesday our guys were pumped up, played their best game of the season, as we trounced the opposing team 4 - 0. (Nice because they had some obnoxious screaming parents). Feel like Vince Lombardi. Never underestimate life's little pleasures, they can pack a wallop...

1 comment:

Search This Blog