Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Broom of the System
Finally wrapped this 467 page pastiche of post-modern fiction and I cannot even say whether I liked it or not. Like some of the black humour and the writing style, but often felt a lot of it was over the top, like the names. For example, there's the Rick Vigorous character, who runs the publishing house, Frequent & Vigorous. Hahaha -- we get it. Other names like the yokel Lothario, Andy "Wang-Dang" Lang and minor character Candy Mandible. I also didn't trip on the talking cocktail that ends up starring on an evangelist TV program. More important, I wasn't really able to follow the plot line, which was all over the place with many situations without context...Then again, it took me a while to get Beckett and waiting For Godot, so maybe it's just me. Just lucky that I don't have to write a review on the book, or worse yet a test. The book gave me that same feeling I sometimes get during a dream, when I realize that I'm registered for these course but haven't attended any classes and don't even know why...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment