Thursday, December 10, 2009
Montreal's Finest...Snow Removal
First big winter dump and the Snow Removal teams hit the streets...Only on my street the mega tractor couldn't get through, because of cars parked on both sides of the street-- (the No Parking signs weren't yet put in). As we wrapped up our weekly men's study group at my house, I looked out the window and saw the mega tractor plowing down our street, although it was obvious he didn't have enough room on the street to make it past my house. Of course I didn't realize that he did have enough room -- if he plowed into the van in from of my house, smashed the tail-lights as well as the side...I was stunned while watching this and stood frozen as the tractor continued on without even slowing down. Then he just stopped at the corner and sat in the tractor for the next hour. the owner of the van was at my house and I accompanied him outside to check out the scene of the accident. When we approached the tractor driver, he seemed shocked, and just stared at us, speechless. I told him he hit my guest's van and all he replied was, "Call the city."Nothing else, not even an apology. Based on this experience, it's not surprising that last year 2 people lost their lives to Montreal municipal snow removal workers, or that they caught others drunk in their vehicles or that the streets go uncleaned for more than a week. that's just the way things (don't) work in Montreal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment