Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's All Over Now, Baby Blue

Can't help thinking that Hollywood and the publishing industry are next to bite the Internet dust. Hollywood seems so tired and trite when you compare it to the quality, more-relevant content you can pick off the web for free. I can barely stomach to watch any kind of TV anymore. For example, have been watching podcasts of MIT physics classes - what could be more compelling? Where else would I get this type of opportunity?

Then there's the book-reading I've been blogging about, or actually the absence of. Ever since finishing university, I've been a voracious and diligent book reader, even keeping annual 'books read' lists with notes. Then came my iPod - iPad - Kindle and now the only reading I'm doing is the NYT, Mashable, Reuters and the free chapters of books you can get from Amazon and iBooks. It's like having a virtual book store in bed and I'm sampling galore...But that's just it -- sampling, not buying. Wondering if I even have the wherewithal to even finish a book. And yet, I'm planning to read David Foster Wallace's, Infinite Jest, by year end. A challenge considering it's been 10 months that I've been reading the Charles Schultz bio...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog