Turns out my bad recovering back paid off. I couldn't play in our softball team's sudden-death play-off game which pained me to a certain extent. I was coming off of my best hitting game of the season, not to mention an errorless season in the field, one where I played the infield (2B, second half of season), something I hadn't done since I was eleven or twelve. Admittedly, my range was modest, but no dropped or bobbled balls all season. In any case, team got slaughtered 25 - 3, so I saved myself some misery.
Baseball is no fun when you get killed and are standing there in the field watching your team commit error after error. And still then, even when you are winning, there can be something dreary to the game. I've always maintained that a softballs season should last 4 games, from mid May May to mid June, when it's still exciting to actually play a sport outside without a jacket (this being Canada), no less a game that was like the wallpaper of your childhood. After mid June, lots of the guys stop showing up for all of the "got better things to do in summer" excuses. So make the season short and sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment