Thursday, August 26, 2010

Who Says Nice Guys Finish Last?

Yesterday I interviewed Brad Feld, Managing Director of the Foundry Group, (foundrygroup.com) and was bowled over by his intelligence and graciousness. His creds and accomplishments are too long to list, and yet he is accessible. I watched Brad on a favorite podcast, This Week In Venture Capital, and decided that I had to try to interview him for Vue magazine. A quick Google search led me to his e-mail address, fired a brief em off, and lo and behold, I receive a positive reply back within 24 hours. A few days later, the interview happens. Which supports this theory I've been nursing for a while, based on past experience. The really top people always find time to respond, even if it's not what you were hoping to hear. They are without pretense, natural and considerate. They inspire. Let us learn from them...

1 comment:

  1. David - thanks for the kind words. Hopefully it was a useful interview - I look forward to seeing it when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog