Friday, November 6, 2009
David Foster Wallace
I finished reading Girl With Curious Hair and am about 100 pages into The Broom of the System. Still trying to figure if I actually like his (critically acclaimed) writing. My issue is about structure. I can't always figure out where a chunk fits in and sometimes have no clue what it's even about. Some of these chunks make sense when you read on, but it's an effort to stay engaged. that said, Girl With Curious Hair is a short story collection which includes a novella that plays out like a Robert Altman film. I became more engaged into the story as it progressed. Maybe Wallace's brilliance is over my head, something like Physics which I'm only able to understand in a very limited way. But I vow to plod on and am curious to see what my take on his writing will be after I finish his monumental novel, Infinite Jest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment