Monday, March 7, 2011

Fiction Break; Dreaming of India

Had an unusual dream last night that I kept on thinking about in my other dreams. Dreamt that I became Prime Minister of India, despite the fact that I'm obviously a non-native.was filled with wonder that such an unlikely situation could occur. I explained to several people that there are an infinite number of outcomes that can happen in life. Some are more likely to occur like going to work each morning and coming home,while others may have as unlikely an outcome as myself becoming Prime Minister of India. Then I tried to explain it in visual terms. Imagine that the infinite number of outcomes in life can be represented by blades of grass on a never-ending lawn. The blades of grass that are closest to you represent the most likely outcomes that you will experience,like going to work each day and coming home. The blades of grass farther away from you are less likely outcomes but still theoretically possible. So while the chances of myself becoming Prime Minister of India are extremely unlikely, almost impossible, it still could happen through an unusual chain of events. This could be represented by a blade of grass somewhere off the horizon. I was as thrilled with this concept and analogy as I was about becoming Prime Minister of India. Will think about this more in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog