Thursday, September 30, 2010

Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions

Baggage from Air Canada finally arrived tonight, after three days of swimming in my father's size 44 checkered pajama bottoms, looking like a schlepper, Lucky I've been too busy stuffing my face at these amazing buffets. Last night ate six different kinds of fish, fowl and meat. Fois gras, chopped liver, tuna slices, chicken brochette, duck a l'orange and lamb. Ate in the biggest succah I've ever been in, and enjoyed a Simcha Torah service with ruach to spare. Typical Israeli answer at the pool. I ask the locker attend if it's okay for my son to go in without shoes and a t-shirt. His reply: 'Do you expect him to wear a suit?' Forget about the impression you get about Israel from the media. For a tourist it seems a lot more like the old MAD magazine feature, Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions.

Shalom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog