Meanwhile...
The Marano brothers were parked in front of Rabbi Moish's community center and pigging out on Chinese food.
"Do not say --" Bunny dipped an egg roll in plum sauce.
"I told you so, Enzo..."
"It's not like we've done something like this before."
"Still, it's no excuse. It's like a P.O., either you agree to the conditions or you don't ship the order."
"This was supposed to be a clean whack in L.A. Nobody said nothing about going on the road."
"If the bitch won't give us a per diem for traveling expenses, the contract is off.
"Some adventure...Real life is such a put-on, nothing like on TV or the movies."
"Yeah, they make out like it's so cool to be a hit man. Dress in black, act ironic like John Cusak, or play the cultured European gentleman like Max Von Sidow in Three Days of the Condor."
"A dignified profession that pays well."
"You don't see hitmen chasing customers for money. They get paid or else."
"Meanwhile, here we are getting screwed for road expenses on our first job."
"Fucking Wendy, man. If it wasn't for her father, she'd be our first hit."
"I told you, Enzo. We should limit this new venture to the fashion business. I'd whack those assholes just for the fun of it."
"Then grind them up in the new meat grinder I bought at Costco."
"Start off with that prick Prosper who took us for over 200K. Meanwhile he just threw his daughter a 250K wedding. That's our fucking money. If he didn't screw us, we'd still be in business today making belts..."
"Stupid fucken pieces of leather that hold up your pants. Who gives a shit? I wanted to get out of the belt business from the day we opened up shop. Dreamed of being an actor."
"Meanwhile Enzo, I didn't hear you complaining all those years when we were making money."
"Yeah, Bunny. Those were good years before all the business went to China and killed local manufacturers like us. Twenty-one years in the business."
"Fucking Wal-Mart. For every schlepper saving a buck or two on useless crap, there's an American out of work because their factory shut down."
"Fucking new economy. Only good for billionaires and factory owners in China."
"And what about the Chapter 11 guys here, like that Prosper piece of shit. The douche bag still drives around in a Porsche."
"We should blow it up with him in it. What do we wanna kill these two schmucks for? One writer, one faggot, who cares?"
"And for only two grand a piece and we pay our own road expenses? I'd rather go back into the belt business."
"I still can't believe we followed them out of L.A. What were you thinking, Bunny?"
"Me? What about you?"
"Forget it, call it a rookie mistake. Meanwhile, I still want to kill someone..."
"Me too, I just want it to be...meaningful."
"Good point, Bunny. It's never been about just the money."
"Of course, bro. It's about passion."
"Oh, now you're Mr. Tony-fucking-Robbins. Meanwhile, I'm the one who's always been saying to follow your bliss."
"Tell me about it. The minute the department stores stopped ordering the cabretta belts with the burnished buckles because of price, it was over for me."
"Me too. Selling bonded leather crap is a dog's lunch."
"This is a much better business, unlimited opportunity. Everybody has a special somebody...or two... they want to kill...We should offer volume discounts on whacks of three or more..."
"...Offer a special of the week, like mother-in-laws...It's all in the marketing. But I still say we should specialize in the fashion business. Wall-to-wall schmucks. Once the word gets out, we'll make a killing."
"Meanwhile we're here on a job."
"And I didn't come out all the way here for nothing."
No comments:
Post a Comment