Thursday, November 18, 2010

Direction Toronto

Try asking for directions in Toronto, you just get blank stares, incomprehensible mumblings or wrong directions...even from a lobby hotel employee or building security dude. But it gets worse, TO is the only city where cabbies ask you how to get to your destination.

Example 1) I am downtown in a major office building that has an exit on Yonge St. I'm not sure which exit to to take so ask the security guard, where is Yonge St. He thinks, he actually thinks hard and is stumped. I'll call to find out, Stumper says. Meanwhile I ask his partner and he immediately points me in the direction. And Stumper is on his cell phone searching for an answer. Wonder if he'd have to call his mommy if I asked him where are his socks.

Example 2) Leaving the downtown Sheraton hotel, I ask a car valet guy where is the closest subway station. Sure, he answers, pointing west. Just behind the hotel to the right. Wrong again! The closest subway station on Yonge was 2 blocks west and 1 block north.

But these two minor incidents pale compared to my adventures with cabbies, but those are other stories and I'm now suffocating on the waft of greasy fries and burgers that the schkutz-ball in front of me (on the train) is wolfing down...Wish the hog with the grey ponytail in front of me would stop sneezing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog