Monday, November 8, 2010

Viva la Revolucion!

My snoopy neighbor tells me that I have the second highest electricity consumption on the street, second only to the chubster with the Lexus and pool. "You probably do too much laundry," Snoopy says. "Try wearing your shirts twice before washing them." Whatever you say, Mr. Ring-Around-the-Collar. "But don't feel bad, the city's new assessment of your house is 12 per cent less than mine and 15 per cent less than Chubster Lexus-with-the-Pool." I refrain myself from popping him, also 'cause he's got six inches on me and two strapping sons with black belts. And I thought Facebook was bad. So how'd he get all this what-should-be confidential information. "It's all there online. Thank Hydro Quebec and the City of Montreal." Think I'll pass on expressing my gratitude. How do they get away with this? If they want to publish this information, should we not be able to opt in or out? Just because the city publishes the bloated salaries of the scores and scores of their useless city councillors, who voted to skip the inquiry on corruption in the construction industry and their roles in it, doesn't mean they have to share my confidential information with the world. And ditto for Hydro Quebec; I'm sure there's plenty of dirt there to broadcast. And you wonder how revolutions start?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog