Friday, April 9, 2010
Don't forget about the Kindle
So all the buzz this week has been about the iPad which seems great, if you want another gadget. I'm set for now with my two iPods and Kindle and will pass on the iPad for now. There's been talk that the iPad will eat into Kindle sales but a few things to consider. The Kindle,s no glare screen is easier on the eyes and much better for outdoor reading. I'm not sure what the iTunes book library is though, but the Kindle offering is pretty good. What I like best about it is that you can download samples from each book. And while I have yet to buy one book from Kindle during the three months that I've had it, I've been having a field day sampling. It's like having the convenience of a bookstore in your lap, but instead of reading just a back-cover, you can read a nice chunk. There are tons of books I've always wanted to read but don't get to it, like P.G Wodehouse or Proust OR Virginia Woolf. So now I get to sample their work , when I never would've before. I'd market the Kindle as a portable bookstore, a knowledge discovery device. It's a lot more than just another gadget...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment