Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Magic Bus

Rabbi Itzie Weinbaum studied the pilgrims boarding the bus coach and prayed for miracles.

For The Young Widow. She was there every painful step along the way during her late husband's courageous but unwinnable battle with cancer.

"Courageous battle," The Young Widow sighed. "Another overused obit-speak cliché. There was nothing courageous about it. Steve never complained, he just suffered and accepted the inevitable.What else could he do?"

For The Industrious Lady and her $122,576.89 IRS assessment that needed to go away.

"So I used a little creative accounting over the years. I've got six mouths to feed, live in a subsidized housing block and drive a 14 year old station wagon with duct tape holding up the bumper. Tell me what I'm getting away with?"

For The Grieving Couple mired in the chronic pain of losing a ten year old son to leukemia.

"Our death sentence was to live," The Grieving Husband said, even after he sold his ad agency for seven figures. "My last ad campaign will be on my tombstone where it will be carved in stone, "Death spells relief." I don't want any tears falling on my grave."

For -----, for ----- and for -----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog