Saturday, May 21, 2011

Witch Stop

"Gomez! Why are you pulling over?"

Harry's sudden moment of panic: What if Gomez was in on the whack? Shit like this happens in L.A. all the time.

"Don't worry, no one's following us.  We're safer here than on the road," said Gomez, the big authority on getaways.

"Where's here?"

Gomez pulled  out the key from the ignition, then fondled the rabbit's foot dangling from his key chain.

"Gohta, the sorceress from the henna  party. Y'know, Regine's aunt from Fez."
Harry's panic attack subsided.

"Oh, just a sorceress...A sorceress...a sorceress...We're stopping now to see a FUCKING SORCERESS!"

"It's not like that's her official title. She does magic, so what? On another note, Harry, you swear a lot."

"WE'RE FUCKED! WE'RE FUCKED!"

"Which is why we're seeing Gohta, she can  help. She sees things and has special powers."

"I knew there was a perfectly rational explanation."

"She can see the future."

"Which doesn't exist in our case, Gomez. We're fucked, we're fucked, we're gonna die. The Curse of the Flunkers is true...Did you ever flunk a grade, Gomez?"

"Well, I don't know if you could technically call it a flunk. My parents held me back after the third grade."

"So you repeated grade three?"

"Voluntarily...I was born in October, so they pushed me in with th older kids, but I could never catch up..It was a struggle to keep up and so humiliating...I didn't read until second grade... and I never got over it. I was always playing catch up. It even took me six years to get my B.A. I was always changing majors - Poli Sci, Economics, Drama..."

"You were a drama major?"

"For about two weeks. I went through this phase where I wanted to be a prop master."

"..."

Gomez patted his rabbit's foot. "I like props."

"You like props...Oi vey, " Harry sighed. "He likes props....I like life...Here's an idea, Gomez. Let's call the fucking police!"

" Wish I could, but I'm here illegally, They'll  deport me, Harry and I'd rather get whacked than go back to Toronto. Stop worrying, I'll clear this thing with one call to Wendy now..."

Gomez called Wendy on his cell phone and listened to the recorded message: "Hi, I'm away in Mexico building animal shelters until next Christmas with no access to a phone. Leave a message and there's a chance I may get it some day. Gotta run now, the puppies are barking."

"You're right, Harry. WE'RE FUCKED! WE'RE FUCKED!"

"Gohta says she sees you surrounded in by words."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog