(NOT TO BE INCLUDED IN STORY)
"The asshole drops out three days before we shoot the episode," Lee told Harry over lunch. "Apparently the D-list schmuck is checking into rehab."
"So what happens now? How do you find a replacement?"
"Easy. You play the part, Harry. You wrote it, you know it."
"Not sure I can do it, Lee. I haven't done a thing since I choked during that audition in New York."
"There's 25K for playing that role."
"25K..." The sound of money, as sweet as a Mozart sonata.
"Yeah, 25K."
But the choke, the choke. Harry could feel the humiliation all over.
"The money's nice, but I'm not sure..."
"You won't be on stage, Harry. Just in front of a camera and a small crew."
" . " Harry knew that he had to do it. He had to do it.
"I can't do it."
"You have to, Harry. We're scheduled to shoot in three days on location. All the sets are done, everything's ready. Even if I found a replacement to play the part, he wouldn't have enough time to learn the part. And besides we don't want the cheap-ass cable guys on our throats."
"I want to do it."
No comments:
Post a Comment