Monday, October 18, 2010

Aches and Miners

After just getting over my first real back injury, seems like I did something to my shoulder while bench-pressing a modest 95 pounds. It had been close to two months that I wasn't working out due to back pull, recovery period and travelling. Thinking I may just concentrate on cardio for a while.

So I slept badly last night, couldn't find a comfortable position to lie down without hurting my shoulder. Worse yet, something about the $24 plate of gnocci I had at the restaurant that made my tummy a tad queasy. I hate eating out late the night before a work day.

A day has not gone by for me, without thinking about the Chilean miners and their ordeal and this goes back to when they were discovered alive.I've had this obsession about people surviving under extreme conditions since I read The Diary of Anne Frank in fifth grade.Cannot fathom how people don't go insane in these conditions. Sure I'd get claustrophobia, panic attacks and lose my mind if I couldn't shower regularly. Wonder how the miners slept? On the hard ground? And when I look at their sweat-glazed bare torsos, I feel like choking on the imagined stench of body odor. I put out a tweet a few weeks ago where I wrote that Apple should should send them down iPods, could've been a PR bonanza. Meanwhile I read that Oakley benefited from an estimated $41 million in free advertising just for providing the miners with sunglasses when they got out. How could Apple have missed out on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog