Monday, October 25, 2010

Dancing Fools

Think that wives should allow their husbands to retire from the dance floor once they hit 40. Women can continue to dance between them and anyone else, but leave us alone. The moves, (not that I at least had any that were particularly compelling on the dance floor) are long gone. Just feel silly dancing to insipid pop ballads like Beyoncé's, "I'm a Single Lady," or Katy Perry's "California Girls," next to 12 year old girls having the time of their life. If mature men must dance, it should only be to classic rock, those odes to our faded youth. At least there was substance behind classic rock and I'm referring to a broad spectrum from Motown to Dylan. I struggle through bar mitzvah parties like last night. Wonderful party, love to gawk at Zappa-ish dancing fools, goal is to appease wife on dancing floor while trying to maintain some level of dignity. Women can often still pull it off on the dance floor at this age, but men just look like goofs. I'm pleading to all wives to release us from this bondage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog