Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Sarah Silverman
I've been a big fan of Sarah Silverman since she was on SNL. She lit up the screen and I literally felt bolts of energy emanating from her. She didn't hang around long and they didn't let her too much - too bad - but every appearance she made was hysterical. Then I'd catch her here and there and was never disappointed. She's great on talk shows and someone who is totally without artifice. Edgy when edgy actually meant something. Was thrilled when I discovered her show on the Comedy network and faithfully recorded each episode. I'll admit, there was a lot of material in her show that even I found too gross, but enough cutting-edge humor to make me a follower. Haven't yet read her book, but then again, I'm barely reading anything these days thanks to podcasts, iUniversity and my iPad. Always thought she she might be somewhat disgusting in real life, but after listening to her podcasted interview with Marc Maron (http://wtfpod.com/), I see I was wrong. Turns out she has a delightful personality and despite her shtick, seems to have it together. Interesting remark she made about looking at life through a pinhole and why it's useless to worry about the future. Listen to the podcast, you may just learn something...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment