Tuesday, October 5, 2010

War and Peace

Strange place this Jerusalem. So much of everything going on, sensory perception overload. Bought some t-shirts that smell like cumin. Bought from a t-shirt seller in the souk where you can buy by colour and by scent. And since his t-shirt place was kosher he didn't mix the meat-smelling stock with the cheese-ones...On the way in to Jerusalem, we stopped off at this tank museum which was pretty cool in itself. I've never seen a tank close up and didn't have a clue that there were so many different models. But the really interesting part was that there was an arms show going on and I'm not talking little firearms. How about weapons like missiles, drones and the latest in tanks. Surprised that they let the museum-goers wander around and even take pictures. I watched the company reps talking with buyers and wondered where they came from, their personal histories and how one ends up as a merchant of war attending a show in the city of peace. Plenty of novels to mine there...Shalom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog